How do I become a Community First Responder?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer Community First Responder (CFR) with the Scottish Ambulance Service.
Unfortunately, due to current restrictions and the high level of interest in volunteering as a CFR, we are currently unable to accept new applications.
Please continue to monitor the Service website, as we will be restarting our volunteer recruitment programme shortly.
To become a volunteer first responder you must be:
- at least 18 years old
- have a full driving license with a maximum of three penalty points
- able to demonstrate and maintain a level of fitness to meet the role
- an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- able to demonstrate logical approach
- work under pressure, yet stay calm
- have a desire to learn
- reside or work in the area in which the scheme is based
- able to respond without delay to incidents
- complete a criminal records check (Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check)
- have some first aid knowledge (not essential)
- long term commitment to the role
If you are interested in becoming a Community First Responder, please complete this form.