As a national Board, the Service supports the national aspiration to improve the health and wellbeing of Scotland’s population. Our contributions to improving the population’s health and wellbeing include:
- Working with partners in our response to the COVID 19 pandemic
- Improving your chance of survival of an out of hospital cardiac arrest
- Reducing death related to substance misuse
- Reducing ill health related harm by signposting patients appropriately to other parts of the health service
- Working in partnership with other agencies in the care of patients who are suffering from mental health
- Transforming how care is delivered through the use of new technology
We are working very closely with a number of partners, including Public Health Scotland to improve Scotland’s health and wellbeing.